- Me: Today is gonna suck.
- Kevin: Why?
- Me: I forgot a hair tie.
I shocked my guy friends because I dressed like a girly girl today.
I usually dress like a five year old boy or a grandma.
His name is Michael :)
I spent my morning at the Walt Disney Concert Hall listening to the LA Phil and Master Chorale rehearse Beethoven’s Misa solemnis. I was totally fan girling.
- Grandma: What is the dog's name?
- Me: Ninja.
- Grandma: Ninya?
- Me: Ninja. N-i-n-j-a. Ninja.
- Grandma: What? Linda? I'll just call him Linda. Come here Linda!
”You cover yourself hay.” This little old lady I swear, she’s too cuuute!
“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don’t want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.” -Shauna Niequist
Wrinkles are stories time engraves into the crevices of your skin.
Makes 4 servings (that I will devour all of.)
1/2 large onion, sliced
5 large cloves of garlic, smashed and roughly chopped
1/2 ginger root, thinly sliced
1 bunch of kale, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of orzo pasta
vegetable or chicken broth
1. Brown onions, garlic, and ginger in a medium soup pan.
2. Add kale, season with a pinch of sea salt, a few grinds of black pepper, and stir.
3. Add orzo and broth.
4. Simmer on medium heat until pasta and kale is cooked through.
5. Serve piping hot with a few squirts of sriracha or sambal oelek.
- Grandma (to the dog): I don't like you anymore. You pee inside! I don't want you!
- Me: What about me grandma? Do you want me?
- Grandma: No. I don't want you! You PARRRTYPARRRTY!