Don’t be afraid to take the road less traveled. But if you do, just keep in mind that you’ll probably get lost for a while. You have to be okay with that.
A frozen Thin Mint between a DoSiDo with a cold glass of soymilk on a Thursday/Friday at midnight.
My mama taught me to stand up straight and always hold my head high on the inside-
that way everyone will see it on the outside.
Talked my head off
Worked my tail off
Cried my eyes out
Walked my feet off
Sang my heart out
So you see,
There’s really not much left of me.
1 head of broccoli (this is amazing with cauliflower too)
garlic-infused olive oil (Trader Joe’s sells a good, reasonably-priced bottle)
black pepper (red pepper flakes if you’re feeling adventurous)
sesame seeds or sliced almonds
- Heat a pan/wok/well-seasoned-iron-skillet on high heat until it’s very hot
- Toss in broccoli and a handful of water
- Cover QUICKLY and allow broccoli to steam until cooked
- Drain out remaining water
- Heat about 1 tbs of each oil and return broccoli to pan
- Season broccoli with a few grinds of sea salt and pepper
- Sear broccoli on high heat until they begin to brown and crisp, not burn
- Sprinkle with almonds or sesame seeds